Sunday, October 17, 2010

39 weeks means sore hips, sore feet, sore back and a lot of anxiety.

Tomorrow (Monday) I will be 39 weeks. I really have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we will be parents sometime in the next 2 weeks. The hospital won't let me go more than a week past my due date (10/25) so Baby P will be with us by Halloween, in my opinion. Honestly, I just don't physically feel like I am about to have a baby! I feel pretty good for being as pregnant as I am - just with no stamina. My belly is huge and I actually think I will miss it in a weird way. Being pregnant has been such an amazing time and has really impacted my body image and my appreciation for my health. I hope I still feel the same way when I am back to "normal." Not to say I don't look in the mirror and complain about how big I am or how full my face is. But in all, I think it's been a really good thing for me. The back pain, aching hips and lovely new stretch marks, I can do without. 

In other news, John has been shipped off to the Dominican Republic for off-season baseball and won't be back until the end of November. I absolutely hate that he will miss the birth of his first nephew, but he has to be there and it's really good for him to be playing. Hopefully he can get in a lot of uncle time when he gets back, since he'll be home for two months. The life of a MLB player isn't always glamorous, people! 

Here's a photo of the Hester side of the family from last weekend when my brother was home - minus Dad, who was taking the photo. It looks like my backyard is a forest. Now we need a Parker family pic! 


1 comments:

Tracey Del Moral said...

Love it! Can't wait to meet Baby P. :)

Post a Comment