Sunday, September 26, 2010

4 weeks until my little October Pumpkin is here. 36 weeks pregnant...

Wow. I really can't believe I have 28 days until my due date. Maybe more? Maybe less? It seems so far away! I know most first time mamas go over their due date on average about a week, but my doc won't let us go more than a week past (thank god). So, we at least know Baby P will be here by Halloween! Don't think I didn't get him a little festive onesie. I thought I would hold off on dressing him in a costume in the first week of life. I mean, he will have been through enough at that point, right?

As far as how I am feeling - well, relatively good, I guess. I am really tired and my feet and ankles have been swelling like lovely elephant feet almost every night. Whether it's catching spills or preventing me from rolling over easily at night - my belly is frequently becoming more of an obstacle. Sleeping comfortably is still a challenge and I never really feel very rested, but I kind of expected that. I think the main thing I am dealing with right now is anxiety about labor  - when, where, how, etc. After our childbirth class a couple weeks ago, I have been waking up (or lying awake) thinking about labor and the unknown. The class was great and it was so beneficial for both of us, especially Matt. Who, by the way has also admitted to lying awake at night thinking about all things baby. I imagine we are both laying in bed next to each other with our eyes wide open! Anyway, back to the class. It was an almost all day affair and there were are about 15 couples in the class. Everyone seemed to be about as far along as we are and about as clueless as we are. I think the most informative aspect was the part about postpartum care - which should be renamed "The Part that NO ONE Wants to Talk About". They passed around a box with items needed in postpartum care and each of the husbands had to pull one out and say what they thought it was used for. What did Matt get? Witch Hazel Pads - in other words hemorrhoid pads. At least he didn't get the condoms like the guy next to us.

Next up - breast feeding class! Oh how my weekends have changed!

Oh and happy 31st birthday to my amazingly smart, funny, handsome, handy, creative and always positive husband. You just get better with age! Seems like yesterday we were celebrating your 21st, but I don't really remember. Hmmm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment